A fresh summer salad made with garden tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. Perfect on a hot summer day.
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 8 oz container fresh mozzarella (I like the ‘cherry size’ ones)
- Fresh basil
- 1-2 Tb Olive oil
- White basalmic (you can use dark or white wine vinegar if you want)
- Salt & pepper
- Slice mozzarella into bite sized chunks if you didn’t buy the small size
- Chop tomatoes to roughly match the size of the mozzarella
- Coarsely chop basil (I like to chiffonade) and add to tomatoes and mozzarella
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Add a splash of vinegar to taste (I don’t like a lot)
- Toss to mix
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Chill until ready to eat
- This is one of our ‘go-to’ summer salads. Light and quick, was especially good when I made it with homegrown basil and tomatoes!
- Pairs perfectly with a grilled steak or other grilled entree.