Kale is good for you! A superfood! If you eat it you’ll never get sick, or old, or… er… Nevermind, it’s good for you! Eat it! You’ll want to because this recipe tastes amazing. In fact, it’s my favorite way to eat kale.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound kale, rinsed, stripped from the stems, and coarsely torn
- Sea salt, to taste
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large, deep pot, bring the oil to medium heat until it shimmers.
- Add the walnuts and allow them to pan-fry until aromatic, then add the garlic and saute until golden brown.
- Add in all of the kale, tossing frequently to avoid burning. Continue to toss kale until it is wilted.
- Turn the head down to medium-low. Cover and allow to cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the salt, pepper, zest and the lemon juice and toss.
- Serve hot as a side.
- This is my favorite way to eat kale
- Dave still pretends to be afraid of it, but he will then eat several helpings