- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar, or raw sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1/2 medium white onion, minced fine
- 4-6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled ginger
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Stir first 7 ingredients together in a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 20-30 minutes or until onion is translucent and sauce is thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside until ready to use.
- Brush over chicken, seafood or veggies prior to grilling.
- This was really great on grilled shrimp; I made the full recipe for 48 shrimp and had about half the recipe left over.
- This is also really great on grilled corn.
- You will want to spray the grill with non-stick spray prior to grilling as the sugar will make the food stick a bit.
- I used ginger paste, which I found in the organic section of my grocery store rather than fresh.
- It takes quite awhile to cook down so start it well before you start anything else.